Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Trying to hit the ball hard on a line and trying to hit HRs are two different things. Vladdy says he's not trying to hit HRs at the plate, just hit it hard on a line, Trout says the same thing. As a matter of fact Trout stopped taking BP before games because he was trying to hit HRs and found his swing became too loopy.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Fair enough...I am not going to argue what the goal was as I am not in their heads and if they said up through wasn't their goal then 🤷‍♂️ That said, what would you say is the actual result (in terms of barrel path at contact) on their hits (HR or not)? Like I said you cannot argue the physics just like you cannot argue what their goal was if they say it was their goal..

Not disputing where the barrel strikes the ball on homers, but they are mistakes and not the goal.

May 12, 2016
Fair enough...I am not going to argue what the goal was as I am not in their head and if they said up through wasn't their goal then 🤷‍♂️ That said, what would say is the actual result (in terms of barrel path at contact) on their hits (HR or not)?
Sorry to butt in, JMHO.

1. Like Donaldson says, catching it out front which is not his intention
2. Backspin, catching the ball below the midpoint, which I also believe is a mistake. It's just too damn hard :)

I believe most hitters are trying to get on plane and through and hit it so hard as they can

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Swing down cult, please post a video of a single MLB hitter that does not have a bat path below the pitch path. Just one. (I have hundreds that do) Show me the money baby.

May 12, 2016
Swing down cult, please post a single MLB hitter that does not have a bat path below the pitch path. Just one. Show me the money baby.
Please define bat path below pitch path.. which part of the bat are you talking about? In all of your illustrations you are showing the end of the bat being below the ball. That doesn't mean "Bat path" is below the ball, it means the end of the bat is.. am I making sense here :).

IMO you are being two dimensional, you need to put you 3d goggles on :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Sorry to butt in, JMHO.

1. Like Donaldson says, catching it out front which is not his intention
2. Backspin, catching the ball below the midpoint, which I also believe is a mistake. It's just too damn hard :)

I believe most hitters are trying to get on plane and through and hit it so hard as they can
Was this a rebuttal because like I said, I believe they are trying to do whatever they are saying they are trying to do..lol. I know that is going out on a limb but I am a risk taker...

May 12, 2016
Was this a rebuttal because like I said, I believe they are trying to do whatever they are saying they are trying to do..lol.
Not a rebuttal, just my two cents.

I played ball, you played ball. Did you try to hit HR's or just hit the ball hard? I just tried to hit it hard, Mind you I'm not Barry Bonds, LOL

Oct 2, 2017
This is the most circular thread ever 😂

who is making the bat path? Athlete

What are they using to make the bat path? Body and Hands!

What is a bat? A object.

How does the athlete use their hands and body, and how does it make the object behave?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad