Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Because Tom disagrees.

the bold above is what I have been saying for months...

What do I disagree with ? I have told you numerous times they are swinging "down to". Of course the barrel will flatten if one is fyb.. The barrel will be to steep and chop it into the ground if using the "down to" with a rear leg/hip as a driver.

QIHL4l1.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
What do I disagree with ? I have told you numerous times they are swinging "down to". Of course the barrel will flatten if one is fyb.. The barrel will be to steep and chop it into the ground if using the "down to" with a rear leg/hip as a driver.

QIHL4l1.gif

To my knowledge, you have never once admitted that what the pros are trying to do and what they actually do are not the same thing.

May 12, 2016
@efastball .. can you please clarify
1627308037683.png
because I interpret it this way...

1. Every MLB hitter swings under the plane of the pitch
2. This is not a fluke or a mishit, which means it's "intentional" and what they are trying to achieve
3. This is the optimal swing path

Attachments

• 1627307930680.png
    1627307930680.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 5

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
They certainly have a goal (swing) in mind which is as you say (up through the ball at contact). What they do in their brain to get them their might be totally different (and for some it is because they have said so) 🤷‍♂️

Bonds, and the guys who speak of "down to" do not have a goal of up through the ball at contact.. Homers are mistakes in their world.

Jun 8, 2016
Bonds, and the guys who speak of "down to" do not have a goal of up through the ball at contact.. Homers are mistakes in their world.
Fair enough...I am not going to argue what the goal was as I am not in their heads and if they said up through wasn't their goal then 🤷‍♂️ That said, what would you say is the actual result (in terms of barrel path at contact) on a majority of their hits (HR or not)? Like I said you cannot argue the physics just like you cannot argue what their goal was if they say it was their goal..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877