Sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2010
DD just started wearing contacts and now we are looking for some sunglasses for her. She has some cheapie Wal-Mart shades for now. She is pretty small so needs glasses that fit. She wants Oakley quarter jackets, but not sure i want to spend that much cabbage on a pair of sunglasses for a 12 year old. In searching I came across Tifosi Wisp glasses, which are cheaper and have interchangeable lenses. I'm the kind of person that hates buying something with out trying it on first, so am a little hesitant to pull the trigger.

Tifosi are great glasses for the money. We have used the Tyrant and Jet models with good results

Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
Thanks for all of the great input...much appreciated!!!

DD has used 2 pair of the Adult Easton Z-Bladz (~$20) for the last 4 years. These are small for adult sunglasses, but have worked great for her during that time. There are also "Youth" Easton Z-Bladz, which should be labeled "Toddler-Size", as they are very small. DD always wears a fielder's mask, and these worked well under a mask. But she is now complaining that her eyelashes are brushing against the sunglasses, so she would like something a little bigger.

10078878.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, she had a game and asked to wear my Oakley half-jackets. I am now afraid that I should change my original post to "What sunglasses are you coaches wearing?", as she loved the Oakleys, and they are in her bat-pack :(:):(

Apr 12, 2016
You should seriously look for sunglasses that are identified with meeting the ANSI Z87.1 standard. This is an impact standard, and a requirement for Safety Glasses.

Glasses that meet the standard will have Z87.1 imprinted somewhere on the frames. Also, not all Oakley or (Insert Major Brand Here) sunglasses are Z87.1 rated, but some are. It's also surprising that some very affordable models are Z87.1 rated, while other more expensive brands are not.

As a side note my DD was in one travel tournament that required sunglasses to be Z87.1. Not sure if it was an organization rule, or a park/city rule, or if it was just coincidence that one of the sponsors had a tent there selling Z87.1 sunglasses. The organizers had it well published beforehand, so it wasn't a surprise.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2015
My daughter has a pair that she loves. They were made by Brett. They came with 3 pairs of lenses in different tints. Daughter likes this because she wears contacts and finds it good to always wear shades, even when it is not bright out, to help keep wind and dust from her eyes. If it is very cloudy or approaching dusk she will put the amber lenses in and claims it really helps. I can't find them on-line but they look very much like these:

Miken Multi-Lens Sunglasses w/Embossed Case (Grey/Yellow/Blue) MSUN-2 - Miken - Brands

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My daughter has a pair that she loves. They were made by Brett. They came with 3 pairs of lenses in different tints. Daughter likes this because she wears contacts and finds it good to always wear shades, even when it is not bright out, to help keep wind and dust from her eyes. If it is very cloudy or approaching dusk she will put the amber lenses in and claims it really helps. I can't find them on-line but they look very much like these:

Miken Multi-Lens Sunglasses w/Embossed Case (Grey/Yellow/Blue) MSUN-2 - Miken - Brands

Someone needs to tell [MENTION=2498]casedawg51[/MENTION] that Miken is selling similar sunglasses for 1/2 price!!!

May 13, 2015
My daughter wore the Oakley XS Fives from 8-11yrs old and they started getting tight. She keeps them in the case in her bat bag and after 3 years they are not scratched. These are no longer made.

I just got her a pair of the Oakley Quarter jackets with the Prizim baseball lenses. She likes them a lot, and since she's been responsible with the first pair I don't mind getting them for her.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1