Summer softball camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2011
We went to the East Coast Fastpitch Inividual Showcase a few years ago. Girls sign up, placed on teams, about 15 schools sent a coach there. There were many coaches there. I remember about 10 teams. College coaches coached the teams and rotated around during scrimmages. DD got interest from some coaches there that turned into offers. We thought it was good. The one downside: they said attendees would be limited per position. My DD signed up as 2B, and ended up playing no 2B for both days, only SS, 3rd and CF. Three other girls played 2nd on her camp team. She was marketing herself as UT player, so it was ok for her but might not work out as well with someone else in that situation.
As we just talked about it right now, our comment was "it was good even though you didn't end up signing with a school that was there". We went back to the old emails to get the correct name of the Camp for this post, and low and behold, the school she signed with WAS there! We didn't remember this at all, so I would guess it might of helped her more than we thought!

I would say some of these camps might be legit, some may be smoke and mirrors. If the school your DD is interested in will be one of the ones attending the camp, then why not? You'll have the added benefit of getting in front of multiple coaches at once. If the school is listed as going to attend, have DD call them up and confirm.

Feb 13, 2013
Another option is to attend a large camp being put on by a private company (Legit Softball Camp, Showball Showcase Camp, etc.) where it is advertised that over 50 D1 coaches will be there to work the camps. Anyone have any experience with these camps? Any opinions on whether they are worth it? Seems like a good way to perhaps get some broad exposure.

Be wary of Legit Softball Camp. They planned a camp in Atlanta this past winter and cancelled it due to "lack of interest". Initially we were told the refund would take a month to post. To date, no refund despite several emails, including one where it was promised to be addressed the next day. That was a week ago.

Also, if you look at their website, they show 41 schools working the St Louis event this year but only 8 for the same event in 2012. Not sure I'd put a lot of stock in that 41 after my dealings with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez