Streaming stats with game hanger?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
For FED in 2014 yes, for ASA the rules have not changed. 2012 is the last book I have for USSSA and it also bans communications devices.

2013 USSSA book still bans communications devices.
Ditto 2013 PONY.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'll have to let him know that the fee went up and see what he'd like to do.

Game Changer is web based, which means anyone with administrative permissions can score a game on any device that is logged onto the teams online account. With iScore, it is my understanding that the account is tied to a specific device (iPad, cell phone, ect) and all games must be scored on that one device. May not be a big deal, but thought I would mention it.

Mar 2, 2013
2014 PONY
Communication Devices: Cell phones, pagers or any other types of communications devices wearable or hand held cannot be used on the field of play with the exception of medical devices.

The field of play includes bullpens, dugouts, coaches’ boxes and other such areas where the coaches, players and umpires have access.

Laptop computers and tablets may be used in the dugout for scorekeeping purposes. Wireless communications must not be enabled.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Game Changer is web based, which means anyone with administrative permissions can score a game on any device that is logged onto the teams online account. With iScore, it is my understanding that the account is tied to a specific device (iPad, cell phone, ect) and all games must be scored on that one device. May not be a big deal, but thought I would mention it.

That''s good to know. I was pondering changing over to iscore but I think I'll stay with Game Changer so a sub can keep score for games that I can't make for whatever reason. I saw an add for a really cool solar powered charger (I think I saw it in Sports Illustrated). The charger is made for hiking/camping trips and appears to be bomb proof. The solar panel is flexible for packing purposes, which looks really neat.

Oct 6, 2013
if you are a serious travel softball team and considering the move from paper score book to electronic.. I highly recommend iScore.

it has more stats, is cheaper if you have multiple folks interested in viewing live streams, and gives you more flexibility and ownership of your data. .

Economically ( 1 time purchase of 10$ app. instead of a per user charge. if you do a live stream , anyone you give link to can watch without paying more. ) plus an optional 20$ / year web site. that lets you give anyone you want access to stats and score books. the base app lets you email stats and scorebooks to any one too if the extra 20$ per year is too steep

* yes you can score on multiple devices and 'transfer' a game if needed from one device to another

* game changer stores the data on their server and they own the rights.. iscore stores the data on your device and lets you back it up on their server and you own the data rights.

* by the wary.. Iscore has more stats in its base product (over 300) and even add on products for advance analysis (heat maps, match ups etc) . iscore has had softball in mind from version 1 with DP flex and ability to set pitching distance at 40 or 43 ft.. plus fast pitch pitch types screwball drop change rise etc.

* and iscore supports android, game changer announced it is dropping android support

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
NNNOOOOO!!!!! Sadly, you are correct regarding android support. Why, Gamechanger, why??? So. I can change over to iscore (not bad) or change over to an iphone (bad - I hate you Apple, you evil empire, wolf in sheep's clothing, you). Ugh.

Jan 22, 2014
I am the HC for a 14u travel team. We have used GC (Game Changer) for a few years now. We pay the $30 admin fee, and parents can choose to pay the monthly or not, but we also are connected to Twitter, FB and SMS so that almost anyone not there get's real time updates. I have a dedicated coach who works the iPAD (GC does not support Droid any longer) connected to a mobile hotspot (mifi on Verizon). I keep a back up battery portable extra strength battery back up available for both units to plug into as a full day of tournaments will kill both. We also use a manual paper scorebook with an official team scorekeeper. The reason why we do not rely on GC as our official means is that 1. The plays can be complex and thus takes the GC user time to input correctly. 2. THere is risk of electronic failure 3. Not always enough time to get the other teams full player info into the system before game time, especially on a championship day with back to back games. We will look into iScore this year as an alternative simply because I only have one tablet iPad, but several people have Galaxy Notes that we could use if we had too.

Mar 26, 2013
Our HS and TB teams both use GameChanger. I tried to look at a box score yesterday and it wouldn't let me. Free fan access used to allow access to box scores and 1st inning plays, but it's now only allowing me to look at the Game Summary page. It seems GC has reduced free access to get more people to pay. Can anyone verify this?

What is the cost of the prepaid team option so individual fans don't have to pay?

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
I have used both.

When running a tournament and using electronic scoring I did prefer iScore with mutiple devices on an account. It was easier to score any team, for any game. Where as GC is team based. With the help from the crew at iScore, I easily set up a tournament page for a 10 team tournament that was ran on just two fields. It worked great, as we had to also compile the stats for year end awards.

However, for the teams in our organization we use Game Changer. The games are much easier to find and if college coaches, or other fans want to see what is up with any of the teams, they can follow with just a search of the Game Changer site. They do not have to request a link.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd