GC & Mevo RTMP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Does anyone pre-set their Mevo with the GameChanger stream key and URL in advance of the game? I usually do it right before I go live, but with school ball there’s security shooing people away from the backstop and I definitely feel like I shouldn’t be there.

I’d like to mount my camera fast and get the heck outta there, but I’m concerned that the stream key is generated dynamically and could change from the time I configure the setup in the morning and when the game actually starts hours later.

If the stream key and url are generated when an event is created and do not change, I guess I could set up a full Saturday of games as soon as the schedule comes out when it’s tourney time. Anyone have success doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
It is my understanding that the key is generated for the scheduled game. Folks I've reached out to say that they have created the game the day before and the next day the links are still correct. One suggestion I would have, however, is to setup the the keys in the environment, just not on the fence (somewhere where you have time to setup). Then place on the fence and walk away. Things should not change at that point.

There is a pretty good GC Admin forum on FaceBook, if you haven't seen it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gamechangeradmins
Erik Gulbrandsen and David Kennedy (and lots more) are really knowledgeable resources.

Aug 21, 2020
Up to December 2021 the stream key and URL were created and stayed static if the game was scheduled a few weeks out.

During the indoor dome season I did noticed that GC was a bit more dynamic. If the game was put into GC a week or so out the link did change on the day of. I noticed there was a new RTMP server I was directed to, so that could have been part of it.

So I’ve learned just to load the URL and key the day of. No problems after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00