Stingrays 01 Private Tryouts this weekend!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
The Ohio Stingrays 01 just finished an amazing season at ASA/USA Nationals in Bloomington IN compiling a record of 89-26-2 over 117 games for the year. This does not include the indoor 14u 6 on 6 league we played over the winter in which the team went undefeated over the 12 game season. These girls won 8 tournament championships including Central Ohio Ice Fall Chiller, Louisville Lady Sluggers Invitational, Toledo Wizards ASA/USA Qualifier, and the Great American Premier Softball Showcase (GAPSS) and had two Runner-Up finishes at Valley Extreme and Laser Nation.

This year as we transition to 14u we will be assisted by two college coaches. Our goal for this year is to continue competing at the highest level possible and to transition seamlessly as we age up.

Kelsey Long returns for her 4th year as Stingrays assistant coach and pitched four years at Otterbein University. Kelsey was hired as Otterbein’s pitching coach starting this year!

This year we are also joined by All-American Devan Boggs, assistant coach at Capital University!

We are one of only two Ohio teams to accept an invitation to the Queen of Diamonds Showcase South in Rock Hill, South Carolina this coming Labor Day weekend. This is where we will open our 2014-2015 season.

Heading into tryouts I still need to speak with all our families and debrief the season. We will openly compete ALL Positions at this time. However two areas we know we will be looking are:

Outfield: Looking for ability to quickly judge and track balls hit to the outfield, aggressiveness, and strong arms.

Pitchers: Looking for 2 very STRONG pitchers to compete for the #1 spot. We are considering both 2001 and 2000 birth year pitchers to fill this role.

This coming weekend August 2nd and 3rd I am holding private tryouts for anyone interested. I am flexible on the times.

Contact Head Coach Tony Gunter 614-778-2629 or email tgunter@echo24.com if interested. This is open to any player from Ohio or surrounding states.

If you have legitimate questions regarding our program do not post them here, contact me directly. Thank you!

http://gunter.stingraysfastpitch.com/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad