Stick to one idea....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If you can't respect the U16 coach (and it soulds like he hasn't earned it), then I'd suggest you seriously consider the option of playing up with the U18 team. You might have to battle for playing time, but the way you get better is by playing with and against better competition.

Good luck - GM

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Sounds like Bob's drinking is an ongoing issue, not a one-time bad decision. You mentioned that there was a pattern there. With more explanation it sounds like bringing him back is a poor idea.

Are Jim and Bob friends away from the field? That might be a factor here.

Nov 29, 2009
Jim and Bob work together. So exactly how close of friends they are, i don't know.

Jim: "Bob, you can't be doing that at tournaments. It makes the parents mad then I have to do something."

Bob: "Yeah, I know... I was havin' a good time and lost track of the time."

Jim: "I can't have you drunk at the games neither."

Bob: "Yeah, I know..."

Jim: "I had to do something to make the parents happy."

Jim: "You can't do it again next year."

Jim: "Good, I'm glad we got that settled. Barkeep!!! Bring us another beer!!!"

Oct 19, 2009
In my opinion a coach is to set an example for the players, yes we are all human and make mistakes. I’ve had 3 experiences with coaches showing up smelling of liquor all female, 2 were middle school coach and another travel ball all are no longer coaching. 2 were kicked out of HS when caught drinking going to a game, so they had this problem in their teenage years. IMO all do not need to coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01