"State" the movie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
I think they are waiting to sign Screwball as leading actress. And Steve Huff and Sluggers as the two rival coaches. Guest appearances by Halskinner as league pitching coach and Quincy as his faithful sidekick.

Amy in AZ as the supporting actress who runs into problems with Sparky Guy who is trying to throw the game to pay off a debt held by the infamous Greenmonsters.

I am going to have to be a good actor, because sluggers doesn't irritate me. There are those that do, but you aren't on the list either! I hope you aren't disappointed? Now this cast certainly will get some hoots, and we will have to have "captions" because of the various accents!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Steve you may be right, this movie might be better served as a silent like in the 20's.

Guess I'd better start working on getting a cast together for Nationals : The Sequel.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Steve you may be right, this movie might be better served as a silent like in the 20's.

Guess I'd better start working on getting a cast together for Nationals : The Sequel.

Excellent idea! In a silent pic like the "Artist" we can project ourselves into the character of the characters, and imagine profanities and insults offered essentially getting out our career frustrations with everyone in the game! I just hope the parents don't get banned from the theater after their outbursts!

Jul 26, 2010
I have a shed full of buckets, a bunch of clip boards, at least two dozen videos (some of which I watched, even if I didn't understand them), and an entire collection of credentials from coaching conferences. I even have a few pitching charts. I might not know much but I'd never admit it. I'm a shoe in for an AC role, come on guys, throw me a bone!

-W

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have a shed full of buckets, a bunch of clip boards, at least two dozen videos (some of which I watched, even if I didn't understand them), and an entire collection of credentials from coaching conferences. I even have a few pitching charts. I might not know much but I'd never admit it. I'm a shoe in for an AC role, come on guys, throw me a bone!

-W

I have none of that which really qualifies me for the other AC role! WOOF! WOOF!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
This has great potential. Here's some additional possibilities

Open call for anybody not previously cast to be an extra to line the fences and act like crazy daddies and mommies. No acting talent or experience necessary, just be yourself. I envision a fist fight among this group originating over dissimilar radar gun readings.

Maybe Solo would be willing to provide project funding in return for red cup product placement.

Lozza all but has locked up the role of the off-beat, ace reliever who returned to the game from a 10-year hiatus spent wandering Australia pitching only to kangaroos that was self-imposed after yielding a walk-off HR in the Olympics.

TV Analysts/Commentators: The talking head position is open, but I think there's potential for technical insight and entertainment to be offered by the duo of FiveFrameSwing and TomG breaking down slow mo video replay and offering golf analogies and tips.

Umpires will be needed. I'm thinking a four-person crew: Brettman behind the plate, Comp, my buddy MTR, and maybe an imposter with Mr. Magoo glasses and an outdated wrong association rule book. I'll be upset if someone doesn't get tossed.

Grounds Crew - don't think Bill Murray is available so applications are being accepted

Cameos - plenty of opps (and box office draw) for current and ex-high profile players and coaches. Reminder to contact Mike and Sue.

BTW Sparky - my PP account is ready when you're finally ready to settle that debt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1