"State" the movie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
This has great potential. Here's some additional possibilities

Open call for anybody not previously cast to be an extra to line the fences and act like crazy daddies and mommies. No acting talent or experience necessary, just be yourself. I envision a fist fight among this group originating over dissimilar radar gun readings.

Maybe Solo would be willing to provide project funding in return for red cup product placement.

Lozza all but has locked up the role of the off-beat, ace reliever who returned to the game from a 10-year hiatus spent wandering Australia pitching only to kangaroos that was self-imposed after yielding a walk-off HR in the Olympics.

TV Analysts/Commentators: The talking head position is open, but I think there's potential for technical insight and entertainment to be offered by the duo of FiveFrameSwing and TomG breaking down slow mo video replay and offering golf analogies and tips.

Umpires will be needed. I'm thinking a four-person crew: Brettman behind the plate, Comp, my buddy MTR, and maybe an imposter with Mr. Magoo glasses and an outdated wrong association rule book. I'll be upset if someone doesn't get tossed.

Grounds Crew - don't think Bill Murray is available so applications are being accepted

Cameos - plenty of opps (and box office draw) for current and ex-high profile players and coaches. Reminder to contact Mike and Sue.

BTW Sparky - my PP account is ready when you're finally ready to settle that debt

Classic!!!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Just give me the name and I'll have ANONYMOUS fill in the amount for me.

Paypal received, thank you. The script will have to be re-written, maybe introduce an illegal recruiting/benefits scheme that has been uncovered by the parent of a scorned recruit now playing for a lesser rival? Regardless, the yet-to-be-named Director will have their hands full with this bunch of characters. Suggestions? Volunteers?

Oct 19, 2009
I am going to have to be a good actor, because sluggers doesn't irritate me. There are those that do, but you aren't on the list either! I hope you aren't disappointed? Now this cast certainly will get some hoots, and we will have to have "captions" because of the various accents!

He's really mellowed out since getting that new avatar.

Mar 13, 2010
Lozza all but has locked up the role of the off-beat, ace reliever who returned to the game from a 10-year hiatus spent wandering Australia pitching only to kangaroos that was self-imposed after yielding a walk-off HR in the Olympics.

LOL! That is AWESOME!

Apr 27, 2009
I want Lucy Lui to play me. Exotic and athletic, sharp tongue, and not the biggest person in the world. She would kick a--, unlike me.

You do get someone better than you to play you, of course.

Nov 29, 2009
Good stuff!

To answer the OP, it appears this production is lacking funds: STATE

There is a better true story to be told out there. The Illinois 2002 2A softball state champs did something that had never been done in Illinois high school athletics before. They won the state title as a first year varsity sport with no seniors on the team. There were only two divisions at that time.

Someone just needs to write it.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I want Lucy Lui to play me. Exotic and athletic, sharp tongue, and not the biggest person in the world. She would kick a--, unlike me.

Screwball may be on to something.......who would you get to portray yourself in the movie?

I'm going to get Steve Austin to play me. We are both bald, and really nice guys!!

40090_133436043366585_133304530046403_170031_773835_n.jpg Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
Sounds like softball to me.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009

I would have to get Dwayne "The Rock Johnson to play me. Strong good looking guy who made a mistake and is trying to make good on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1