Stat Programs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2011
I need a stat program/spreadsheet that I can use after the game. I want to keep the paper book and then input the stats into something. I need one that has fielding stats as well.

I have iscore on my phone but I don't really like doing it from the phone and I don't want to purchase an iPad at this time. I also worry about what if the iPad overheats and shuts down during the hot summers (which I have read it may do).

Thanks in advance.

Oct 19, 2009
Bite the bullet and get an iPad. There simply is no substitute for iscore. I used to do it with paper and spreadsheets. So much wasted time and so few meaningful stats......

Oct 19, 2009
Keep a cooler close by. We have had a few overheats but drop it in the cooler and usually back in business two minutes or less. In the meantime, keep it in the shade.

Mar 13, 2010
I use iScore on my iPad. I'm comfortable enough to do both at the same time. This gives me batting stats as well. Only thing I don't do is pitching stats.

All our tournaments are in January which is the hottest part of the year. There are issues with overheating, but not as much as you'd think. Biggest issue is battery!

Oct 19, 2009
I use iScore on my iPad. I'm comfortable enough to do both at the same time. This gives me batting stats as well. Only thing I don't do is pitching stats.

All our tournaments are in January which is the hottest part of the year. There are issues with overheating, but not as much as you'd think. Biggest issue is battery!

If you're having battery issues, more than likely turning the brightness of the screen down will resolve this. We easily get 4-5 games a day in on a full charge. I have a car charger too but it has never been needed.

Dec 29, 2011
Tempe, Az
If you're having battery issues, more than likely turning the brightness of the screen down will resolve this. We easily get 4-5 games a day in on a full charge. I have a car charger too but it has never been needed.

Find some shade if possible and keep the iPad cool. Although you might not be overheating higher temps will drain your battery faster (this can also mean reduced battery life in the long run).

Stay in shade is possible and try not to use a case if possible. While cases protect your iPad they often insulate which raises the temp of the iPad even more. (This all applies to phones too).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp