Sportsmanship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
Blow out wins High fives no celebration. Regular pool games High fives on to the next game. winning a close championship game in a regular tourney some more small amount of celebrating and High fives. State,Metros,regonals,nationals championship win full on dog pile. they earned it. Bite me Mizzou.

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
They formed a tunnel at the other teams dugout. I've seen it done to my older DD team and thought it was low class.

Sep 27, 2012
They formed a tunnel at the other teams dugout. I've seen it done to my older DD team and thought it was low class.

I've had the tunnel done to us twice, once at 10U and recently at 12U. Hated both. The last one came after giving up two runs in the top of the last inning to lose by 1 in the semi-finals. Game was a heart breaking lose, but I had my team line up and respectfully shake their hands and congratulate the other team, but it was very annoying to see our team then feel obligated to go through the stupid tunnel while the other team did some cheer. I didn't say anything. My team tried it once and immediately put an end to it.

Jun 24, 2013

My DD hated that! She is happy is has not happened in a long time. Teams use to do it to us, we did it once and DD told her HC she would not do it again. So that that was the first and last time our Team did it. 10U I think.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I don't like tunnels. I wouldn't tell them that it's low class because they don't mean any harm by it. I would just say that some teams don't like it and so we don't do it.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
The tunnel is very rec. Our 10u rec team played a game against a rival and after the game the teams formed dueling tunnels in front of each other's dugout. They had to work out who got to go first. None of them were offended or anything. I don't like it because it seems like the winner is showing up the looser, but the girls seem to love it whether they won or lost. My feeling is that if they are having fun and no kids are getting their feelings hurt then it is fine. We don't do it in travel. We just tell the girls to save that for Little League.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1