Someone explain this to me Hitting Hype

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Ok, that was my point. Couple people saying they would be fine with a pitcher getting all loud and jumping up and
down after striking out their dd...i kinda find it hard to believe they wouldnt mind. Human nature of a parent is to be
protective of their dd. BUT when someone gets a hit, people dont mind the batters going nuts at first. And im not talking
cheering and clapping.

The key to your question is whether the pitcher is yelling things and cheering toward her own teammates after striking out my daughter VS yelling things directed to my daughter or our team. There is a HUGE difference in these two scenarios.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Being concerned with being "macho" is pretty pathetic. Supporting your kid's interests and hobbies is one of the most "dad" things you can do. I'm a million times more interested in being a good dad than I am about appearing "macho". Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy all the "proud dad" moments from watching my DD do awesome things in the sport she loves.

Prior to my daughters interest in sports she did participate in ballet for a while. Although I am glad she made the choice she did I still would have enjoyed watching and supporting her regardless. That said I seriously doubt I would be participating in a ballet forum...

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
This ^^^^^^. That's what I don't understand about people not liking it. You can discern, at least you should be able to discern where the enthusiasm is directed and whether its genuine or not. I guess some can't do that now days 🤷‍♂️

I think its a societal issue with so many people not caring one iota about context of a situation And just assuming the worst right away. Crazy how the exact same act done by one person can be interpreted two different ways. Context is everything.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Prior to my daughters interest in sports she did participate in ballet for a while. Although I am glad she made the choice she did I still would have enjoyed watching and supporting her regardless. That said I seriously doubt I would be participating in a ballet forum...

If you wanted find out which brand makes the best leotards, or what your DD could do at home to become a better dancer, where would you go to gain this knowledge?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish