Some throwing tips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Good. She is great. You don't even have to say "slam the door." Hips are important, just like in hitting. I show them rather than use terms that will confuse her. If you are throwing nice and easy and correctly, it will take her awhile to get there. I find that boys pick it up, much easier. (Not always, but sometimes.)
I guess I don't see great in the video. My big thing is getting a player to rotate the ball back facing away from them to the forward position in one nice fluid motion. In the video she just lifts the ball up to the throwing position, thus relying on her weak muscles in her arm and putting a lot of stress on the shoulder if she tries to throw it hard.

May 17, 2012
Have her point the ball behind her or towards 3rd before throwing the ball, see if that gets her elbow up a little bit.

Also have her step with her right foot towards you before she throws it, that should get her body more into the throw.

I am not a fan of that video. He contradicts himself about halfway through.

Always step with your left when doing any fielding drill.

May 31, 2012
The Austin wasserman guy has few drills that help seperate the hips and the arm action. Sorry I'm not smart enough to add the link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12