Some game swings of some kids I get to coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I did notice a lot of your girls have drop the hands and keep the shoulders level swing. Not picking on them, but it is what I see.

No offense taken. Two of them are subs. My DD is the lead off and has 4 AB's in the clips including the first and last. She is hitting it very well but has improvements to make. Some I work with more that others. All of them have a long way to go and yet by comparison we are one of the better hitting teams. This is why I enjoy game footage so much. It reveals what has and has not translated from tee and other work.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
No offense taken. Two of them are subs. My DD is the lead off and has 4 AB's in the clips including the first and last. She is hitting it very well but has improvements to make. Some I work with more that others. All of them have a long way to go and yet by comparison we are one of the better hitting teams. This is why I enjoy game footage so much. It reveals what has and has not translated from tee and other work.

Is your daughter's front foot in the batter's box when she makes contact?

As for the expectation that tee work will translate over to game swings ... I gave up that notion sometime ago. I'm with Bluedog on that. Spend as little time as possible performing tee drills. Use the tee primarily for a warm-up, introduce basic points-of-emphasis, and then move on to front-toss and game-like BP.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Is your daughter's front foot in the batter's box when she makes contact?

As for the expectation that tee work will translate over to game swings ... I gave up that notion sometime ago. I'm with Bluedog on that. Spend as little time as possible performing tee drills. Use the tee primarily for a warm-up, introduce basic points-of-emphasis, and then move on to front-toss and game-like BP.

Yes, well within.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32