Softballs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
Looking to pick up a bucket of 12" softballs. What brands do you guys recommend or not recommend and please let me k ow if you know of any deals going on now.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD likes to pitch with a Dream Seam, and if you are buying a bucket of balls for BP and practice, I recommend Trump - they seem to last longer than most. If there are any tournaments going on in your area where the tournament director provides the balls, ask if you can buy the used balls after the tournament is over. This is a great way to get a bucket full of slightly used balls for @ $1 each.

Feb 7, 2013
Worth Dream Seam.

Also, what brand ball will you primarily use in tournament play? I would use that ball during practices.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Dudley Thunderheat balls with the leather cover are what I buy for my TB team. They have great seams for our pitchers to practice/warm-up with and they will last the team about 2 years of hitting, tee work, and practices. If you're going to use them strictly for tee-work, you can go with the less expensive synthetic cover without losing much longevity IMO. The only other ball my pitchers prefer is the Worth Dream Seam. They're comparable to the Dudleys.

Aug 3, 2013
Illinois
I have always used the Worth Dream Seams until this year.
The past two years during tournament play they were not holding at well ( getting really scuffed up).
(We give the used tournament balls to our org. for practice use)

This year we are trying Decker.
I have used them in other org. tournaments, and the seams are close to Worth, and they seem to hold up well.
Guess we will find out this year if we are making a good choice

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you are pitching you need to use what you will be using in competition. There is a big difference between a Dudley NFHS Thunder Heat or a Worth NCAA, etc.

Jun 24, 2011
If there are any tournaments going on in your area where the tournament director provides the balls, ask if you can buy the used balls after the tournament is over. This is a great way to get a bucket full of slightly used balls for @ $1 each.

Brilliant suggestion!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32