Softball Vacation Week?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Vacation? Hardly my idea of a vacation but the CO Sparkler/Fireworks tourney is here and it's going to be a crazy busy and hopefully fun-filled week! We live here in the Rockies so it's all relatively close by and travel is mainly limited to city traffic. For those of you coming in from out of state I hope you enjoy all that Colorado has to offer!

My twin DD's team started this off with a USSSA tourney this weekend (bracket games today). Have to be at a local college camp early tomorrow morning (even earlier for my pitcher/catcher duo) and then not sure about the Sparkler opening events. We are playing in the Fireworks (16 Open Division I) and looking forward to what appears to be some great competition. Pool games on Tues and Weds (they've got to spread it out you know ;-)) and then bracket comp starts Thursday. One of my DD's was nominated to run in the Fastest at the Fourth competition and we'll have to be fast to get from the park we're playing our last bracket game at to the main park for this event! Has anyone here ever had a DD in this or even watched it? Curious to see how they pull it off?

After that both DD's have to report in for the All Academic games, I'm proud of both of them for having the grades and scores to participate in this event. Anxious to see the turnout, really hopeful that the schools are well represented. DD's also got nominated for the the All Stars games but we've been there/done that in the past and the folks at TC suggested only doing one or the other and we decided to go with the Academics this time around. Of course after a long day and a late night on Thursday we'll turn around and be back at the park early on Friday morning for more bracket play hopefully playing deep through the weekend!

Helluva vacation eh? Whatever happened to R&R on a beach somewhere? ;-) Good luck and safe travel to everyone playing and visiting CO this week!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We are looking forward to a great week at Boulder IDT. We get to stay with an old college buddy and have been here since Friday. Went to Red Rocks to see Widespread Panic on Sat and Sunday and today we have our team meeting with practice games starting tomorrow. It seems with only 2 games a day we would have more time, but we don't!

Core mailed my DD's new Ghost on Thursday and it got here on Saturday. Pretty impressive turnaround for USPS.

Have fun everyone!

Apr 26, 2015
We live here too and are so thankful the Sparkler is played here! The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. We were in Portland last weekend for a tourney and extended our stay for a couple days to have a little vacation, flew back in Friday, played the Firecracker tourney Saturday and Sunday, All Star game this afternoon for DD (going to skip the opening ceremonies and DD is still too young for All Academic games). Pool play tomorrow and Wednesday starting at 8am both days...and then Thursday we have off. Ahhh. Bracket play starting on Friday...not sure how far we will make it...DD's team seems to be 2 teams - the one that knows how to play softball and the one that just likes to look pretty and wear the uniform. We'll see which team shows up this week! :)

Can't believe our season will be over this week. DD will be travelling to KC for the WFC in July with the older team in her organization so we are glad to not be totally done.

Good luck to everyone...hoping for nice weather and no crazy rain/lightning/hail storms!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
We are looking forward to a great week at Boulder IDT. We get to stay with an old college buddy and have been here since Friday. Went to Red Rocks to see Widespread Panic on Sat and Sunday and today we have our team meeting with practice games starting tomorrow. It seems with only 2 games a day we would have more time, but we don't!

Core mailed my DD's new Ghost on Thursday and it got here on Saturday. Pretty impressive turnaround for USPS.

Have fun everyone!

Orange Socks - didn't you go to Widespread last year out here too? Very nice! Core has the local USPS guys dialed in...threatened to replace them with the old Pony Express delivery guys i think!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Orange Socks - didn't you go to Widespread last year out here too? Very nice! Core has the local USPS guys dialed in...threatened to replace them with the old Pony Express delivery guys i think!

Yes sir! 3rd Year in a row and one more year next year.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The week long softball binge is over and today feels like I've got a wicked hangover! Last weekend's U-Trip tourney saw our bracket game cancelled due to weather after the first inning of Sunday's bracket games. Monday morning';s college camp was great for both DD's, quite a few strong players, fast paced action and overall lots of fun. The Fireworks pool games were not our best and a couple of innings really let things slip. Bracket games on Thursday we split, hauled butt over to a different complex for the Fastest comp (DD did not have her best showing. Exhausted, hot and she tripped the laser before really getting her start so kinda disappointed but as she said to me "Dad, I'm fast but some of these girls are stupid fast!" ;-) The All Academic games were also a great event and both DD's said every girl on the team and every coach they met was fun, nice and enthusiastic. Again, pretty solid play from DD's. After a very long day, a long drive home late that night we got up early and ran into a very tough, great hitting team on Friday that seemed to be on a roll, big props to them and even though it was humiliating to some on our team I thought it was rather eye opening as they were extremely well coached from what I saw. Then we battled back on Saturday when our team's bats found their purpose again (one of my DD's hit a 3 run walk off homer that couldn't have been scripted any better) followed by a great back and forth battle that, with the score tied at 7-7 at the end of 7 innings forced the International Tie breaker rules. It was a lot of fun but a heart breaker and they scored 4 runs (we had a couple lug nuts coming loose and a wheel fell off on a couple plays - not to take anything away from the other team which played great!) and then we scored another run, with 2 outs one of my DD's got on with a single and then was called out stealing second...which of course was clearly a bad call. ;-)

Looks like the TB season may be over, HS optional practices start this week, we have a couple college camps and some other softball related stuff coming up but as a family we're looking forward to a little bit of R&R! Again, I hope everyone has had a great week, stay safe and enjoy your Independence Day!!

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Chased a PGF birth in Vegas, Fresno, L.A. Got one in Portland, where they were handing them out like candy. IDT last week. KC next week. Then to Huntington. Been a great summer!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
5 events down 2 to go! Hard to believe we are almost done with the summer season. With IDT over, I am already looking over the TCS Atlanta posted schedule and making plans for the wife and DD as I will not be travelling this trip. Don't know if I am looking forward to the JO Cup in St Louis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619