Softball tryout Already.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2010
I am very surprised how these travel teams are ramping up for tryouts and to retool for next season shortly after the world series tournament or/and for some of these teams that still have to play in the ASA national in a few week.
This if my first full year of travel softball and I am like WOW. It feels like a rat race.

Jun 15, 2013
If you live in an area that has HS ball in the fall.... most travel teams have tryouts early so they are finished before HS practice starts.

Jun 21, 2010
A lot of teams around here are done after ASA state, or are moving up from a lower age classification. I'm amazed that coaches are offering girls a spot on the team and there are more tryouts to go. Happened to two of DD's teammates. DD got an offer on the spot for a team and she has four more teams to tryout for.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
In Tucson, new teams are popping up weekly. So, there are tryouts and team switching at an enormous rate. This started happening right after LL ended.

Apr 29, 2013
How else are teams supposed to get ready for fall tournaments? They have to have their teams put together before they can play.

I'm always surprised when I hear/read about girls trying out for more than 2 or 3 teams. It seems like a lot of work/stress.

Apr 29, 2013
Somehow SB became a 9 to 10 month commitment and DD just turned 12.

Rat race is a good term.

Our girls get 2 weeks off before tryouts and 2 weeks off after tryouts, so our commitment is basically year-round. That's how most of the teams around here are, AFIK.

Oct 10, 2011
One coach told me he does it really early while girls on other teams are sick of their team mates and all the drama. He likes to get them while it's fresh in their minds.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
School is starting August 5th, here. That makes everyone really busy. Nationals for B league is August 1. There is hardly time for lessons, practice, games and school, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA