softball powerdrive

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
I never saw how this gadget could be very effective as a trainer unless you were using it to "Fix" a leg drive issue. DD's first pitching coach had one and when I had inquired about it, she said "I only use that for kids that can't seem to get the feel of driving off the rubber.. she doesn't have that problem"

So that said, I guess it makes sense that some will find great benefit, and others will be less than thrilled at what it does for their kids. Even with the benefit...$300 is a LOT to spend on a training aid that can be replaced by a divot in front of the pitching rubber, or a piece of 4x6 post cut to a wedge for indoor use.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
I take my club to a few colleges for clinics. Ive seen these used in hitting stations at every one of those colleges.

Those college coaches swear by them especially for hitting.......

Jul 17, 2012
@Frozen...do you have a pic for what you are referencing? TY in advance.

Hmmm.. no I don't. Just picture a 4X6 with the 6" side on the top and bottom. Cut it an an angle around 30-35 Degrees and there you have it... the push angle for the powerdrive.

LoL...best I could do

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Hmmm.. no I don't. Just picture a 4X6 with the 6" side on the top and bottom. Cut it an an angle around 30-35 Degrees and there you have it... the push angle for the powerdrive.

LoL...best I could do

That looks just like I imagined!

I agree with FR... it's a neat concept, but way too much $$$. I used one, and wasn't overly impressed... meaning I wasn't driven to make my own. As a musician, it's very similar to floor pedals. I have an old Morley pedal and found an old organ pedal that can accomplish the same thing... but even so... it's nothing that a good walk-through can't accomplish...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207