Softball Nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Why not think about one of the USSSA Regional World Series instead of the one in Orlando? Or how about PONY Nationals?

Jun 12, 2015
We ended up deciding on the SEA world series in Pigeon Forge.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We ended up deciding on the SEA world series in Pigeon Forge.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
It is a fun tournament. Played in it twice when DD was in 10U and 12U, as we are less than an hour away. It is a good B tournament. Let me recommend staying in a cabin resort somewhere just off of Wears Valley Road. It is the same road the park is on and keeps you out of the Pigeon Forge traffic which can be awful in the summer. I'm talking about an hour to go a mile awful! Bring bug spray too!

Jun 12, 2015
It is a fun tournament. Played in it twice when DD was in 10U and 12U, as we are less than an hour away. It is a good B tournament. Let me recommend staying in a cabin resort somewhere just off of Wears Valley Road. It is the same road the park is on and keeps you out of the Pigeon Forge traffic which can be awful in the summer. I'm talking about an hour to go a mile awful! Bring bug spray too!

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't even started looking at places to stay yet. This is about a 4 hour drive for us, and north instead of south. I'm done with softball at the beach for as long as possible.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't even started looking at places to stay yet. This is about a 4 hour drive for us, and north instead of south. I'm done with softball at the beach for as long as possible.
If you have any questions about the area, just let me know!

Feb 12, 2014
We did SEAA the past two years and really enjoyed it. The opening ceremonies are so-so but the tournament itself was well-run with good competition.

We stayed at the Whispering Pines Condos which have a nice little back way shortcut to the fields. Traffic on the main route is torture. We liked having the whole team at one location and there is a great pool and lazy river a picnic pavilion, etc.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I like Myrtle Beach. Softball facilities are very good there. Lots of stuff to do. But I know you said you were done with the beach, and it's not an easy drive from ATL.

Feb 17, 2014
DD's team did the Jennie Finch with Ripken Experience last year as their WS. Jennie Finch was there for about 3 hours to have her picture taken with all of them teams and take some of your money then she wasn't there the rest of the week.

My only complaint about the entire week was the balls. They used some really crappy plastic/rubber covered balls. It was so humid, pitchers had a hard time gripping the ball. We were able to get a rosin bag from the store the first day then they were sold out the next day. I ended up going to a bowling alley to get rosin for our team. Every team, every age group had pitching issues because of this.

The rest was pretty good. All of the facilities we played at were great except a HS field. There was barely room for the fans.

Same team this year and we are going to the All Sanctioned WS in Columbus, OH. It has gotten good recommendations from folks I know that have gone there.

North American All Sanctioned World Series - 8U, 10U and 12U - July 28, 29 and 30, 2017 - Fastpitch Showdowns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles