Looking for a 2022 travel tourney

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
As I've stated before, we've got a fair-to-middlin' 18U team for the 2022 spring/summer season. We're looking for a fun travel tourney for the girls, and I thought I'd ask here if anyone had ideas. We're thinking maybe something in Las Vegas or the Orlando/Space Coast area. It doesn't need to be a showcase or any scouting opportunity, but we'd like it to be fun and have some teams from all over there. Sine it's our only big one of the year, cost isn't a huge issue. We're in Colorado, so travel costs have to be considered, but mostly we'd like to give the girls a fun time before they go off to college.

Y'all have a lot more experience in this kind of thing than me, so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had suggestions. Or if you know a smaller tourney in a destination area -- one we could just slide into without it being a major draw for national teams. We know we'll likely be overmatched, but the overall experience would be worth it. We thought about OKC for the World Series, but at 18 we think the girls might be a little old for the kind of hero worship stuff that really makes that a great trip (and we did it three years ago).

So anyone with local knowledge have a tourney they think is pretty cool?

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
We’ve not done this tournament—though looked into once on the last team we were on as a first year 14U. Maybe other folks have insight:

Feb 5, 2019
The Ozarks in Missouri has a tournament called Hair Don't Care. It's kind of cool and stuff to do after the games.

Apr 1, 2017
We’ve not done this tournament—though looked into once on the last team we were on as a first year 14U. Maybe other folks have insight:

Has anyone played in this? Level?

We're a 16u lower/mid "B" team, whatever that means. Looking for our "vacation tournament" for next summer. We're in Chicago area, and try to stick to something that's drivable in a single day. Last summer we did Ft. Walton Beach, FL (about the limit of driving) and one of the Sports Force Park tournaments in Sandusky, OH.

Looking around this fall and trying to narrow things down. Anyone have info on:
Myrtle beach
Nashville area (but I think parents might like that more than kids???).
Was thinking about Colorado, but would be looking for something outside of the Sparkler. That's probably more than we want to deal with at our level.
Something east (new york?)

We always want to compete, but for this trip, it's trying to find the balance between being competitive, but also having things to do outside of softball (beach, mountains, restaurants, etc). My guess is most of the families will add a few days before or after the tournament for fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802