Softball must haves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Thanks everyone for your feedback. After reading all of them it was obvious that every thought that having a team bus was a must because the immediate intimidation factor that it brought just about guaranteed wins. So we bought us a bus. No doubt we will be unstoppable now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 100
Apr 16, 2014
I agree with Scdad....I know several girls who can't and won't try out simply because their parents can't afford the sign up fee. Maybe you can offer a discount or give a break on uniform cost on an as needed basis. I know I myself had to work my butt off just to put my dd in TB and buy all the equipment (good stuff), but I was lucky enough to be able to come through for my dd. I have seen others not be able to...Their dd's play with cleats that hurt their feet, too short bats, too small gloves, etc. I would love to be able to show up to practice with a brand new pair of awesome cleats for a deserving young lady.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
We are making list of possible ideas. We are only talking about $800 or $900. Our tournaments are pretty affordable, they run about $30 per girl. We could cover 2-3 tournaments this summer. I did consider buying everyone a face mask who didn't have one. Mono grammed Frog Togg sports towels, additional training DVDs, TC Wiffles, new team cooler, matching bat bags or cleats. Possibly paying to have someone put on a clinic or sending the team to a camp. Lots of different options. We live in a rural area with most sportinggoods stores being an hour away, many of the girls use older equipment, money is somewhat tight for several families, so we want to decide what will be the best use for the team.

Apr 1, 2010
I see they've already been mentioned, but Bownet Big Mouth, Tanner Tee, TCB balls. There are some great suggestions here!

Oct 10, 2011
wiffles

Tcb 82's and wiffle balls
bow net
Batting cage
Pitcher screen
Indoor facility access
Tons of games to include friendly scrimmages.
Matching bat bags and helmets are a bonus but personal equipment should be a parent expense
Last but not least... a team of highly dedicated players :)
How far do the tcb wiffles fly? If I pitch without a screen will I regret it? I've been thinking about those out the golf ball size.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
^ maybe 60 feet. I don't use a net. I have a face mask, but they will go through that. I suppose they could cause a welt. Here, let me hit you with one and we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach