softball family needing prayers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Just before we walked to home plate for the umpire chat at the beginning of one of our first games this weekend, a coach from another team walked up with a bucket of bows and mentioned that they were selling them as a fundraiser for the surviving family members of THIS tragic accident. Of course, I burst into tears with the quivering lip and all. I was not prepared for that! I was the only one from our team who had heard about the accident. I doubt all that many knew, as most aren't getting information from this forum. My DD and I couldn't wait for our game to be over to go buy a few bows for my daughter. Such a tragedy.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My DD was at a tournament in Idaho this weekend. There was a team that made buckets of hair bows to sell as a fundraiser for the family of these two girls. It was heartwarming to see the girls/parents tear up and dig back into their wallets when they heard what they fundraiser was for.

Our thoughts and prayers go to the family as well as to the teammates and their families. "There but for the grace of God go I"

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
My DD was at a tournament in Idaho this weekend. There was a team that made buckets of hair bows to sell as a fundraiser for the family of these two girls. It was heartwarming to see the girls/parents tear up and dig back into their wallets when they heard what they fundraiser was for.

Our thoughts and prayers go to the family as well as to the teammates and their families. "There but for the grace of God go I"

THAT's the same tournament we were at!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Revoking judgement here, I would humbly suggest that those of you who pray on this tragedy might spare a thought for the truck driver, who was given no choice in the matter and will live with those images for some time.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
^ I can't imagine how many people this tragedy has touched. The mom may have been lost. She could have even been distracted telling the younger girl to buckle up. My DD had a teammate killed years ago, because her sister panicked over a spider being in the car.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
^ I can't imagine how many people this tragedy has touched. The mom may have been lost. She could have even been distracted telling the younger girl to buckle up. My DD had a teammate killed years ago, because her sister panicked over a spider being in the car.

Agreed, not judging the mom, but considering another victim. Things can go wrong for any number of reasons, sometimes we get away with it, sometimes there's a truck/train/ditch in the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523