Softball Factory

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2010
Softball Factory is having a National Identification camp very close to me in the near future. I have never heard of them and have no idea what this is all about. Can some of you share what this is all about? Being it is so close to me I am curious about it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The web site is the same as the name, not sure if I can post web site here.

Thanks

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
If I recall when we got an invitation it was very expensive for what you got in return. Most of these are all about money and not about getting your kid to the next level. DD went to many , like most dads I was trying to get her exposure. She was recruited playing in a showcase, not at any camps.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
ASA changed their requirements for Junior National team selections. If your DD does not play ASA nationals she is not eligible for consideration. If she joins their program, Softball Factory, she is. IMHO this is BUSH. They, ASA, are trying to get the quality teams back from PGF for their nationals. My DD has played both, PGF and ASA, and PGF is by for the best national tournament.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
I called the softball factory for info. To sum it up it sounds like you pay them to tell you where your DD needs work9as it pertains to college level skills) so she can focus on those things and move forward. They offer a video package($$$$) that can be used for recruiting i believe. Or they have a standard entry ($) at which they assess your daughter and give you direct feedback. I like the idea as it can really guide parents and players that have little to no knowledge of the process and what it takes to get there. As far as value, we will have to hear from someone that has gone through it and who has gained an edge in the recruiting process. Until then there is more questions than answers.

I signed my 14U DD up for one of the camps in May. It was $100 so it's not gonna break the bank...
I am curious to see what it is all about and the feedback that she gets.

I saw the team play at Ronald McDonald and they were really good.

And what girl doesn't love a camp shirt:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi