Sock Drill For Limited Space

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
My only minor concern with this is.... will she start to develop a late or early release point since there is no actual ball flight to guage off of?

This is a thread about limited space. So far this is the best way we've found to use it. Mostly for working on mechanics. We'll pitch once or twice a week at full distance. So far we seen no problems

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I would agree about the release point if this is all you did day in and day out. But I do think this could have a place for limited space and limited time.

My wife and DD1 and DD2 are on a trip right now until Wednesday. I only wish I had known about this before now as they both would have had a sock/sleeve, roll of tape, and ball in their suitcase for the hotel room. It would have been perfect and knowing my girls, they would have used it!

Also, you ever have that pitcher that is in the dugout by herself without a catcher or someone to catch on the side to start warm-ups? Or you don't have room because of the field draw at a tournament for them to start warming up? I would have that pitcher put on the sock and start warming up in the dugout until she has someone to throw too. Will keep her pitching hand warm too during cold weather tournaments! :p Anyway, the possibilities are endless if you need a quick or spaceless fix.

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks for posting! I think this has a good place in the winter workouts.
We live in an area where it's usually cold (not this year :) but usually cold. ) Here are a few places we pitch.

1) Both DS and DD play rec basketball. Games are at schools in our area. We show up a little early and find an empty hallway and pitch :D

2) A few local baseball academy's will rent out space for hitting. We get a family membership for one in our area (about $40 a month unlimited) and we pitch in a hitting tunnel.

3) When all else fails get two Reddy heaters and set one up near the circle and one by the catcher and have at it!

IR a Pitching Dad

Sitting on a Bucket
Dec 4, 2014
DD tried this drill last night. I took an old long sleeve t shirt of mine (having a dad bod it was a larger sized shirt), cut the sleeve off and used it in place of a tube sock. Seemed to allow for more freedom of movement at release. Will work this in on occasion for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom