So your DD wants to play in college?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Cannonball brings up excellent points.

College ball is not "softball nirvana". The college coach is a human being, just like her TB and HS coaches. Therefore, s/he will have faults. The team in college is composed of women from the ages of 18 to 22, who are also human beings, and with their own set of human foibles. If a parent thinks his/her DD does not have have her own unique set of "issues", then she/he is seriously misguided.

(I did quite well academically in college. During college, I also woke up one morning on a sandbar in the middle of the Wabash River, without any clear recollection of how I got there. So, although I like to think of myself as a "responsible, hard working college student", the facts suggest otherwise.)

Playing college sports is simply playing the same sport at a more advanced level. There is nothing more to it.
I'm not sure why, but this really made me wish I was back in college:) Those were the days!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
(I did quite well academically in college. During college, I also woke up one morning on a sandbar in the middle of the Wabash River, without any clear recollection of how I got there. So, although I like to think of myself as a "responsible, hard working college student", the facts suggest otherwise.)

I will gladly send you the explanatory pictures and negatives for a little Paypal love. Otherwise.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole