So tired of hearing "it's not fair" from other parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Why on earth would one or two people try to change the desires of twelve just because they don't feel comfortable or offended???

Simply don't participate and respect the fact that there are others who want to participate.

That's what everybody is doing. They are respecting the fact that there are others who want to participate. They are going along with it. There is no one on this thread saying that those who don't feel comfortable should stop prayer circles. There is no one on this thread who says they are offended by prayer circles.

What some have said is that prayer circles make some players uncomfortable. Hard to argue w/ that.

Some have said they don't believe prayer circles are considerate of that fact, and that they should be. You disagree. But I hardly see the opposing position as ''insane.''

Some have said that they don't like prayer circles because they want their softball team to be about softball, leaving out things like politics and religion. Seems pretty reasonable to me, even if you don't agree. Not insane.

Some have said that if the issue were discussed among the players that they players might have their eyes opened and choose to do things in a more considerate, inclusive way. I've found that discussing issues openly and non-judgmentally tends to bring people together, not apart.

Some have said that they don't believe a player should be put in a position on the ballfield of making of taking a religious stand by not joining the circle, or joining when they really don't want to. I agree w/ that position. You don't. All is fine. In the words of Dave Mason, we just disagree.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Why is the post-game prayer circle usually is held in the middle of the field and not behind the fence/backstop where it would be less prominent and less obvious as to who did or did not participate and also potentially be more inclusive (e.g., include families, friends, fans etc)?

I have often wondered the same thing. Is it truly a sincere offering offering of thanks, or is it evangelistic in nature? I believe that clues can often be found in the words chosen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA