So.....Peel or Roll-over....why is one better then the other?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Because I can't let this go:

My DD was at a softball coaching clinic in Chicago last weekend. University of Louisville was giving a presentation. So, my DD is standing around and Carol Bruggeman (AC at Louisville who was HC at Purdue), comes up to her and says, "You look familiar. Did you play softball in college?" My DD says, "Oh, I used to pitch for Ohio U." And Burggeman says, "Oh, I remember...you are the pitcher that beat Purdue 6-1. I've never seen anyone who could throw a drop like you."

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Because I can't let this go:

My DD was at a softball coaching clinic in Chicago last weekend. University of Louisville was giving a presentation. So, my DD is standing around and Carol Bruggeman (AC at Louisville who was HC at Purdue), comes up to her and says, "You look familiar. Did you play softball in college?" My DD says, "Oh, I used to pitch for Ohio U." And Burggeman says, "Oh, I remember...you are the pitcher that beat Purdue 6-1. I've never seen anyone who could throw a drop like you."

You are missing the point Sluggers. The point is that it does not matter if she can throw a drop, what matters is that when you posted the drill, you only paid attention to the content of the drill you were trying to show. You gave no thought to getting proper hair/makeup/footwear for your clip. If you want posted videos to be considered by the Academy then put a little more effort into the production value and presentation. You don't see Amanda Scarborough in flip flops when when shows kids how she doesn't pitch.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
JJ, thanks...I now see the error of my ways. For a simple drill like the one she showed, she should have been in full softball attire, with metal cleats and a baseball cap. Next time, we'll be sure to drive to Oklahoma City and have her do the drill at home plate with the American flag flying in the background.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA