so introduce yourself

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ
I'm Tim from NJ.

I'm blessed with a 10yr old DD who's skills, and athletic abilities are average (at best)...and I mean average for "rec ball".

I call that a blessing because it means I have absolutely no pressure whatsoever to brag about her pitching speed or other exploits, worry about her playing time, or what position she plays etc.. She plays (and I coach, purely for the fun of the game) :p

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I'm Ken from Northern California. My 14YO DD is a pitcher for a 16U ASA team. I coached 14U TB until Fall when DD moved to 16U, I now don't have near enough knowledge to coach her so I sit on my bucket and try to protect myself from drops and curves :) . I figure that when DD goes to college I will go back to coaching softball.

Dec 10, 2008
Tom from Valparaiso ,In. I have 3 DD's that play rec ball 10-10-8. Two pitcher's and a catcher. I coach and nag. LOL

Oct 30, 2009
Dallas
Mike from Dallas, TX by way of South St. Louis. I coached for several years at the amateur level but now I only nag. :p
My DD just turned 12, and plays for a 14U team here in North Texas. I'm a software developer by trade and in the little spare time I do have, I do contract website work and write a fitness/nutrition blog.

Jul 11, 2009
Bob from Ohio. Daughter catches plays 3rd and has pitched some in the past. Oh yeah she is 13. I helped coach her 7th grade team last year because it was club and the only way they had a team is if parents coached it. This year the 8th grade coaches are paid so I doubt I will get the oppurtunity again, which is probably good cause I think I was harder on her than the other girls due to not wanting anyone to think I was playing favorites. Started taking her to a hitting instructor because I thought she had good potential as a hitter but what I was doing for her was doing more harm than good. I wish she was faster (as in running speed) cause she is a very smart base runner just doesn't always have the speed to go with what she knows to do. Also have a son that does not play sports but he plays a mean trombone and is also an expert marksman (well not quite he has to qualify 4 or 5 more targets). Later

Last edited:

leo

Nov 5, 2009
I`m Leo I live in Southern California I have three girls no boys :( . My oldest is in her last year of high school but does not play. My middle one plays Travelball and her postion are ( catcher,short,second and third). She will be trying out for two 14u and one 16u this weekend. The young one will be returning to( Santa Monicas Girls Fastpitch) this spring in 10u division.
Her position are (pitcher,catcher,short,second and third).View attachment 191View attachment 192www.santamonicagirlsfastpitch.org

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2008
I'm Dalton Ruer and I run a recreation ministry called Cross Training which focuses on girls fast pitch softball. I do batting lessons (hitting and slapping) for girls on a weekly basis that are free of charge, as well as team based specialty clinics and offer larger scale softball camps periodically throughout the year. I've put together several DVD training videos that I offer Sliding, Diving, Baserunning, Bunting, Slapping and Diving for the Ball. You can find out more about what I do at www.hit4speed.org.

While I miss the days when my DD's played the game (9-10 years ago) I love working with girls and seeing them progress in the sport and in their self esteem.

i'm Kevin Schultz live in Milton,WI This is my 14th year coaching girls softball, I started coaching when my daughter was in 3rd grade and have coached every age level, high school, and college level. I have 2 daughters on is playing d2 college ball and the other is a junior in high school. I am a certified Mike Epstein hitting instructor, yes i said the the E word I also own and operate KLS Hitting Academy. I also am a certified bowling coach, i've been the girls varsity bowling coach also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32