so introduce yourself

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Bruce Katona - Morristown, NJ. DD is 12 and is a pitcher/CF. I coach her LL team and she also plays school & travel softball (neither of which I coach).

I work in real estate development. Not the best industry currently, but real estate is cyclical and will turn around.

The avatar is DD with a walleye she caught a few years ago in Flin Flon, Manitoba.

Feb 9, 2009
I'm Stephanie (big surprise) from North Dallas area. I played ball throughout HS, and coached 5 years at HS level. Then I had kids, and chose to raise them until 2 years ago when my 7 old announced she was playing softball and I was going to be her coach. This is my fifth season at rec level, but taking the team up a notch, and playing a few tournaments. So far, it's been a blast, and I wouldn't trade the time I've had with my DD for ANYTHING!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Might as well join in the fun. I'm Ken from Mundelein, IL, a far north suburb of Chicago. I've had two daughter who played travel fastpitch and I coached them both. I also helped coach my two sons in baseball, although never as head coach because of softball.

These days I get my coaching Jones from teaching pitching and hitting, and sooner or later will coach a team of other people's kids. I have to say I still get a rush when a kid learns how to do something she couldn't do before. That's what keeps me coming back for more.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Big Al from TN. I manage a 14u competitive team. Live for the weekends so we can hit the dirt. I am a 'backyard' pitching coach. Haha. Daughter pitched and won TN USFA State Championship in 2009. She also broke 3 school varsity records last year. Undefeated in regular season ( pitching ), best season ERA .64 , most home runs in a season. Hope we can continue success in 2010.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I'm Bob from the burbs of Boston, MA. (2) DDs-one in her 1st year of HS and the other is in 4th grade. Coached LL at U7, U10, U12, and Indoor (winter) ball U14. Big on Fundamentals, I focus on areas that I see being overlooked a lot, hitting and throwing. I like to focus on growth in all areas but my favorite is hitting (Ted Williams devotee with bits of both Mankin and Englishbey thrown in depending on the student) My second hot button is throwing- I like to start the girls early with this and continue to work with them throughout the season.

Last edited:
Hi I'm Raul, from El Salvador in Central America, and is my first time in a softball forum. I'm 55 years old, and playing slow pitch since 1998 and before that play base ball from 1971 to 1997.
Today I had a discussion with a younger brother (he's a FIS umpire) about the best way to stand on firts base.

He's point is that the best stand is to put a back foot 6 inch. behind the base and the other one, over the front edge.

My point is that is better put your back foot in the front edge and the lead foot in a comfort stand in front; why, because when you have the frst step toward the second base you'll get more distance than my brother's idea.

What do you thimk is the better way to do this.

Duane

some softball dude
Aug 10, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Hey folks, I'm Duane from Elk Grove just outside of Sacramento in California. I started coaching rec ball in San Mateo, CA before moving to the Sac Valley about 3 years ago. Have been coaching the 14u travel team and have two daughters on the team. My wife is the manager and we have a couple of other coaches.

Elk Grove has had a number of travel teams but I was the first to have a 14u team play and do well at the A level.

Look forward to participating on the forum.

Jan 30, 2010
Hello all! I am Damian from Syracuse,IN. I have been coaching softball and baseball for 5yrs and soccer for 6.I have 3 great kids(2 girls,15 and 12 and the youngest a boy 9)
Last year we formed a new travel team for 10-U.This year we have had a good turn out for 12-U so we have added a 12-U team that I will be coaching.
My DD player is a 5' 8" 110lb,12 year old pitcher and also plays 1st base.She also plays basketball and soccer between pitching lessons.
I believe defense wins games so thats my main focus with the team.The other coaches do hitting and base running.
Our first year will be 32 games, loads of experience,memories and fun.Good luck to all teams this year.

Feb 18, 2010
Coach Tiffany

My name is Tiffany Sanchez. I am a 12U TB coach from Florida. My DD is an awesome catcher (of coarse I am proud) She is the total package. She blocks the ball like noone else, she has excellent pop time, and commands the game. I was afforded the opportunity to play college softball at University of West Florida where I was also a catcher. I am lucky to have a great group of girls and parents and I am looking forward to getting involved in some discussions on this forum.

Feb 18, 2010
Love this post coach! Although my DD plays travel ball, I love coaching rec ball too. My goal is to make the girls love the game. I pride myself in the fact that my kids come back year after year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32