Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

The Source

Banned
Dec 23, 2015
jzjvuw.gif

Rear hip is pushing the hands/arm/barrel/bat. Hands/arms/barrel/bat is rotating/pushing towards the ball. I want the rear hip to pull the hands/arm barrel/bat.

Ok I get that part , but how are you pulling the hip vs pushing the hip. What roll is the leg playing in this?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Ok I get that part , but how are you pulling the hip vs pushing the hip. What roll is the leg playing in this?

Hope you can see better what I mean:
BrndnStretchnFireside.gif

Watch the rear leg. Use the rear leg as the driver of the swing. Look at the buttons of the shirt. The hips resist rearward. When it is 'released' it pulls the resisting hips and the 'turning barrel' forward towards the ball.

The Source

Banned
Dec 23, 2015
Hope you can see better what I mean:
BrndnStretchnFireside.gif

Watch the rear leg. Use the rear leg as the driver of the swing. Look at the buttons of the shirt. The hips resist rearward. When it is 'released' it pulls the resisting hips and the 'turning barrel' forward towards the ball.

Can you explain in bold? Hips resist what rearward? Resist moving forward?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
See if this helps.

BondsOverlapping.gif

Can you explain in bold? Hips resist what rearward? Resist moving forward?
Hips 'resist' from turning forward as the rear leg IR.
That is the separation of lower from upper.

Last edited:

The Source

Banned
Dec 23, 2015
Ok so you are talking about the rear leg resisting or are you talking about hips resisting by rearward coil? Is that what you mean in bold?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Ok so you are talking about the rear leg resisting or are you talking about hips resisting by rearward coil? Is that what you mean in bold?

Hips resisting turning forward as the leg IR (internally rotates) forward. Hips continue to coil rearward along with hands/arms as the rear leg/thigh area is turning/rotating internally.
PujolsStretch1.gif

CDavisGo.gif

CDavisOverlap.gif

BrookeMissingFrames.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
CDavisOverlap.gif

Belt above is hips resisting and hands/arms 'pulling' back and around continuing to load. Below belt is rear leg IR.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
When doing the SNF 45 drill, the pulling back and sitting into the rear hip, will actually pull the front heal off the ground, which i think represents very well the correct feeling that we look for.
This tall girl is just 13, first time lesson, ended up liking to hit like this, for much of the season, out of SNF.

Cannot wait for her to come on this year.

lexihighhandsgif-M.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1