Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
chelsea_goodacre_osu_20150404_77gs_side_zpse57hznk7.gif

CDavisOverlap.gif

BustosOverlap.gif

BrookeMissingFrames.gif

Bass, "resisting the the upper body" from turning when the bottom is turning. Is this what you mean?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
rdbass, I thought that movement pattern looked familiar. Remove the arm actions and engage the hands and core and maybe she would be closer.

jryan15 DD
THE REASON WHY....she pushes forward....plunges her arms downward....and goes 'down through' the ball.....is because she swings with her scap.
OK...thanks I hope you know that's not my DD nor my student( not that I have any). My DD is a RHH.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Missing frames is probably not understood by many that are here lurking/posting. Can you elaborate?

The "missing frames" refers to a segment (frames of video) of the swing that is not present (missing) in a lot of amateur swings, but is part of a high-level swing.

rdbass said:
The upper body/arms/hands continues to load...as the 'bottom'/lower drives/turns/turning

Some people have also referred to it as "overlap".

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The "missing frames" refers to a segment (frames of video) of the swing that is not present (missing) in a lot of amateur swings, but is part of a high-level swing.

Some people have also referred to it as "overlap".

Also called separation....because it separates a good hitter from a great hitter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi