Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
GREAT thread!

SNF 90 Full speed

24e9p1j.gif

SNF 90 Slo Mo:

jzjvuw.gif

Game:
mku6hc.gif

I'll post more in the AM...I'm wiped...CP

May 3, 2014
What if this was done without letting the front hip rotate in? Too much twisting in this demo and not enough tension to keep the front hip in place.

jzjvuw.gif

Compared to a real swing where the front hip never stops pulling back

Posey_frontclose.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
SNF, removes frontal plane momentum, and forces hitters to load in the sagittal plane while the hips are engaged and extended to transfer the energy.

Most kids who move back to the traditional (not SNF position) position struggle or loose the sagittal movement and become all frontal momentum movement based.. Learn to load/stretch in the sagittal plane and the frontal plane movements (catcher to pitcher) will happen naturally.

24e9p1j.gif

Example of the 2 planes of motion discussed.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
No Chris - no demo to show. All I am saying is that if you let the front hip rotate in you are not applying the correct pressure. Noon told me this a long time ago so I give proper credit - the front leg lift needs to be done without elevating the front hip. This means the same thing as not letting the front hip rotate in during the Snf or a regular swing as you need to apply the correct pressure to not let it happen. When you dealing with players that are not at a college or pro fitness level this is challenging.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
I think if someone could post a good SNF 45 and 90 demo that would be helpful in translating some of the descriptions\benefits for the OP\viewers.

Noon? RBD? FFS?

CP

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I think if someone could post a good SNF 45 and 90 demo that would be helpful in translating some of the descriptions\benefits for the OP\viewers.

Noon? RBD? FFS?

CP

Chris,
Not ignoring you but, I'm not posting any of the SNF drill gifs because, I believe it would derail the thread.
I do like this example of the SNF:
McCutchen_take.gif
McCutchen_highside.gif

Also the set up my DD uses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi