smaller 13 yr old swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
This is as close to one legged as there is..

npgPUm1.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's your job as a hitting instructor to straighten out the misconception.

It seems like nearly everyone has a different understanding/interpretation of "1-leg" and "2-leg". If a student or parent asks me a question concerning the topic, I do my best to explain. Otherwise it absolutely NEVER comes up. It is not something I ever talk about outside the forums.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It seems like nearly everyone has a different understanding/interpretation of "1-leg" and "2-leg". If a student or parent asks me a question concerning the topic, I do my best to explain. Otherwise it absolutely NEVER comes up. It is not something I ever talk about outside the forums.

Kind of like 'fight club':
tumblr_nas3f0vH5u1tcygz1o1_500.gif

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

My view of one leg vs 2 is what drives the swing.. Video of high level hitters shows both legs in a supporting role of the core actions while rear leg hitting uses the rear side of the body..

2 legged core driven

CDpwpTw.gif

1 legged rear side driven

Z0GGtfI.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My view of one leg vs 2 is what drives the swing.. Video of high level hitters shows both legs in a supporting role of the core actions while rear leg hitting uses the rear side of the body..

2 legged core driven

CDpwpTw.gif

1 legged rear side driven

Z0GGtfI.gif

Not sure I'm following your point here. Are you comparing Bustos batting practice swing to a ULL players swing doing a drill.

Dec 4, 2013
O1TtveM.gif

One legged........

Too many people skip this step. Try to match Bustos' barrel depth. Take a swing. Record yourself. Put it side by side with Bustos. Your whoosh will be out front of your body. Make adjustments. Repeat.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
rdbass, weather its a drill or swing, one legged hitting uses the catchers side of the body only to initiate the swing..

0o8RXuZ.gif

Which was why this clip was created a couple years ago..

XRu9Pmv.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
rdbass, weather its a drill or swing, one legged hitting uses the catchers side of the body only to initiate the swing..

0o8RXuZ.gif

Which was why this clip was created a couple years ago..

XRu9Pmv.gif

Both legs are being used in the demos here.

To me, the topic of "one leg" versus "two legs" is silly and a diversion. It would be better if folks simply spoke of the actions that they are advocating.

Jan 28, 2017
Can you explain? Do you mean they pull back away from the plate with front hip except for Bonds?

They all turn around the back hip. To me it looks like Bonds doesn't really pull back the front hip during this swing. The other clips they uncoil but it looks like they also pull back the front hip. Probably just verbiage but if you are using the front hip your front leg Is also working some. Unless your the one legged golfer everyone shows. It doesn't matter how you term it if your getting around the back hip. If your pulling the front hip back you are getting around the back hip.

Dec 4, 2013
Both legs are being used in the demos here.

To me, the topic of "one leg" versus "two legs" is silly and a diversion. It would be better if folks simply spoke of the actions that they are advocating.

I don't mind the term one legged. I actually like it. It took me awhile to wrap my head around it's meaning but it makes sense to me. Like FP stated earlier I rarely discuss it with hitters. I don't try to overwhelm with vocabulary and concepts. I agree it is used by some as a huge diversion. No one in the "one legged camp" discounts the fact that their is a front leg. IMO it's just not a teach. I focus my energy on getting the HPP and RHPP right.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LINBAN01