Ximena 7 years old - Update April '21

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2019
Her Swing

She started playing at 4 just to work on social skills but has really taken a liking to the game. No lessons or anything yet I just want her to have fun out there mostly but she's a little perfectionist.

Any pointers are a appreciated and any simple drills you all would recommend for younger players that we can do at home would be appreciated as well. I hope to keep updating like some of the other parents it's cool looking back to see where some of these awesome players started out

April Batting Practice

Had a rough bp at her last practice, wanted me to throw her more balls when we got home in the dark lol. What do you guys see other than her eyes not following the ball to the bat? Also my daughter isn't that tiny our catcher is one of the biggest 8 year olds I've ever been around.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I like her swing, especially for her age.

The hands/barrel or upper body have slack in the system as she tries to use the body.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think she might be to young to teach her how to pinch the scap. The hands go dead for a second as she uses her lowerbody. The stretch needs work.

Again, she might be to young to do anything other then having fun.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Young players often don't have the body awareness to feel stretch/tension (or are just too stretchy and loose) that we often talk about with hitting mechanics. Focus on a decent sequence and developing the coordination of making good contact with moving balls. Most importantly of all...Keep it fun! :)

May 6, 2015
KISS and keep it fun at that age. the only thing really to keep an eye out for is bad habits, keep those from forming, and good ones will fill the void.

Aug 20, 2017
Good swing! Focus on timing. Let her figure the rest out (she’s got most figured out already). If she’s consistently on time, with this swing, she’s gonna kill it! If you start to tinker with this and that, she slows down, timing is impacted, and DD and Dad aren’t happy lol!

Jun 5, 2019
Her Swing

She started playing at 4 just to work on social skills but has really taken a liking to the game. No lessons or anything yet I just want her to have fun out there mostly but she's a little perfectionist.

Any pointers are a appreciated and any simple drills you all would recommend for younger players that we can do at home would be appreciated as well. I hope to keep updating like some of the other parents it's cool looking back to see where some of these awesome players started out

At that age just throw balls at her and keep it fun. She has a great base. Just focus on getting her to hit balls between the Second Basemen and Shortstop. Let her figure it out. Let her build balance, rhythem, timing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28