Slowly making progress. Help?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BLB

May 19, 2008
By tight I do not mean tense in the arm at all, it should be a loose arm. But the circle itself should be as pure as possible without a lot of side to side variation. It should also be on the vertical plane...
I presume you mean the hand (ball) stays on the vertical pitching plane as much as possible throughout the arm circle? The arm does not stay vertical or on the pitching plane throughout the circle.

Dec 31, 2014
pitchfastnow@yahoo.com
Sure-

By tight I do not mean tense in the arm at all, it should be a loose arm. But the circle itself should be as pure as possible without a lot of side to side variation (think of the profile of a spring washer as being bad). It should also be on the vertical plane and the circle should pass by the ear on the up and should brush the body on the down (tight to the body). Eccentricities lead to needing to compensate with body positions.

Here is Michele Floyd, one of my least favorite arm circles/hand positions etc. She does a whole lot before finally getting to a good position at the end.

See how the path of the ball has a whole lot of in and out variation?

Are you saying this is a bad arm circle. I see a lot if correcting when she could probably be even better if she didn't have so much slop in the arm.

Dec 31, 2014
pitchfastnow@yahoo.com
There are exactly 5 qualified PCs I have discovered. One can't teach because he decided to work at U of Georgia. One lives in Upstate New York, two live in northern California and the other is muddled somewhere in PA.

I'm sure there are others and I will keep up the search but all the others I have seen were more dangerous than helpful.

Is Balswick still in California

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1