Shoes for indoor pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
My 15 y.o. DD is killing me with her shoes! She has been pitching indoors with her pitching coach and they use a rubber Jenny Finch style mat. The rubber on the mat is burning a hole through her shoe. We have been using a volleyball shoe because it has some extra rubber/material on the front of the shoe (plus they were left over from when she played VB). But that only lasted a little while before the shoe had a huge hole in the top/side. Obviously she has some mechanics issue but I would like to know what shoe is commonly used for indoor pitching lessons.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Does she drag the side or the toe?
My dd had the same problem. She's a toe dragger and would burn a hole right at the big toe area. I found a toe saver at the store that glues directly onto the toe of the shoe. We used an old pair of tennis shoes and applied the glue and rubber piece. Problem solved.
Its designed for cleats but will work on tennis shoes if they're leather on the toe area, and not the mesh material.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
My 10U DD was using one of those initially at her team's indoor, but she felt like the rubber mat was unnaturally slowing her drag foot. So we found a different rubber that was glued to a chunk of artificial turf.

She claims it feels more natural and it doesn't leave those lovely black char-holes in the toes of her shoes.

Jun 19, 2013
My DD uses Ringor turf shoes with the pitching toe. One pair has lasted 18 months now and still going strong. She even uses them on blacktop or concrete surfaces at school yards periodically. Before that we went through a pair of tennis shoes within 6 weeks a few times on those mats or gym floors.

Jan 25, 2011
I purchased stock in Nike. Now my dd uses the boombah turf shoes. They are not that expensive and work well.

Apr 11, 2012
I put Tough Toe on my DD's Nike running shoes about 6 months ago out of desperation. That pair is still going strong.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877