She had to sit out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
One of my 8th grade students had to sit out an entire game, today, because she missed practice yesterday. She missed practice because she was required to be in divorce court with her parents.

I asked the mom if they had signed anything that said that there were no excused absences. She said no and in fact the girls were told that there were excused absences. The mom is under too much stress to make a big deal over it, but I felt really bad for the girl. She is the number one pitcher and they lost to a team that she beat, last week. So, she was on the bench, with other parents wondering what she had done wrong.

I just don't agree with sitting someone that was ordered to be in court.

Oct 7, 2009
So incredibly stupid. MLB players get to go home so they can watch their children be born and little girls whose parents pay for them to play are treated like little softball zombies.

Apr 16, 2013
If the coach KNEW what the deal was, then that would be a team deal breaker for me. If you have no more respect for my family than to do that, then you have no business teaching my kid anything. A #1 pitcher will have a place to play anywhere.

Oct 10, 2011
Hey, let's make going through a divorce even more fun!:rolleyes: I would have had words immediately with the coach.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We wonder why girls are "specializing" and playing only one sport. Cause there are idiots that make sure they are too scared to miss a practice.

Apr 9, 2012
Horrible message that coach sent to that girl and the other players.

In a divorce the kids feel somewhat responsible as it is but then for an athlete to "cost the team a win"

Tar and Feather the coach. Downright inconsiderate.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
This is a stellar case that makes us scratch our heads when it comes to playing ball in school.
Some coaches are very good, others are clueless. In this case, heartless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole