Share your pitchers warm up routine? (stretching??)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 20, 2013
Other than the "throwing" warm ups a lot of people have touched on I always, always have my DD warm up using J-Bands. She goes through the routine that you can find online for free before pitching. We also go through it before any practice that involves throwing. At first this warm up routine took 30 minutes and now we have the full routine down to under 10 minutes. Take the most important pieces when you're in a pinch for time and you have a bare minimum warm up, of course don't skip the arm circles and other body warm up movements.

You can probably go to the local sports store and buy a couple cheap bands, one for each arm. Keep the tension on the light side, it's not a muscle builder routine. I like it because I used to lift weights a lot and the routine has a lot of "shoulder saver" exercises for the rotator cuff.

We often show up earlier than the rest of the team on game/practice days to do our own private warm up routine so this fits in nicely at 10 mins. When she's going through the bands warm up we use this time to just talk about the game/practice get the mind loose.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi