Seton Hall Softball Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2010
My posting of this certainly took a little different turn than I originally expected. I, however, learned a lot by the experience. Thanks for the posts everyone.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
When a D1 coach is fired, it is usually because the program is headed in the wrong direction - assuming it was not an ethical violation by the coach. Therefore, when the new coach comes in, they are there to "turn the ship around", not maintain status quo. When a new D1 football coach is hired, there is a pretty good chance 10-15 players will not be back next season and no one thinks twice about it.

There is no NCAA restrictions on transfers in softball, so if the players do not like the new coach, pick up the phone, get online, and find another team.....

Aug 7, 2012
How about one of the Y! comment....

"It also appears from the accompanying picture that she also keeps her players locked up in a cage." - T

LOL.

May 23, 2010
Michigan
When a D1 coach is fired, it is usually because the program is headed in the wrong direction - assuming it was not an ethical violation by the coach. Therefore, when the new coach comes in, they are there to "turn the ship around", not maintain status quo. When a new D1 football coach is hired, there is a pretty good chance 10-15 players will not be back next season and no one thinks twice about it.

There is no NCAA restrictions on transfers in softball, so if the players do not like the new coach, pick up the phone, get online, and find another team.....

That is not true, there are NCAA restrictions on softball transfers, I know, my daughter just transferred. For starters, if you are D1 or D2, you've got to sit out a year, unless you get your release from the original college. Secondly, even if you get your release, you still have to get written permission from the college you are transferring to, in order to talk to another college.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06