September 1 for Class of 2022

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
Since I started the thread I figured i would give a quick update. Last night DD committed to the Ivy League School that offered her on September 1.

In the past 2 weeks she has been in contact with 7 other schools and I can definitively say that every school seems to be taking a highly personalized approach to recruiting in the Covid era. We saw everything from a day 1 offer to coaches who seem to want to let this play out for many months. My advice to anyone who is interested in a school that is taking things at a slower pace is not to get discouraged when you see others around you committing. It can be hard for 16 year olds to understand that their journey wont necessarily look the same as their friends and teammates.

Jul 14, 2018
DD heard from 4 schools... the 4th found her on Twitter.

This might be more appropriate for it’s own thread, but I’m curious about how a school found her on Twitter. Social media feels like such a minefield, she obviously did something right.

Was it highlights of her play, following the school, commenting on softball-related posts?

Congrats to the OP and others who are finding their way into their #1 programs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 6, 2013
This might be more appropriate for it’s own thread, but I’m curious about how a school found her on Twitter. Social media feels like such a minefield, she obviously did something right.

Was it highlights of her play, following the school, commenting on softball-related posts?

Congrats to the OP and others who are finding their way into their #1 programs!!

I’m not the poster of the comment you quoted but I can hazard a guess. My daughter’s coach is insistent they post on Twitter at least twice a week. In the process of tweeting my dd will “tag” accounts for which will retweet her posts. A lot of times college coaches follow those sites directly so when they retweet it will show up on the coaches timeline. DD has been told not to tag coaches directly but she does tag every dang account that “promotes the game of softball” lol.

May 27, 2013
We just had a player on our team commit a few days ago to a D1 program that had never even seen her play live - only saw her via videos she had sent them over the summer, and live-streamed games. Never set foot on their campus, either. Very interesting how things are playing out for the 2022’s!

Jul 21, 2012

She actually had another D1 reach out recently. So 3/5 D1s found her on Twitter. We don't tag any coaches and these were coaches that she had never emailed. It's all softball and she posts daily, every workout, school stuff. She gets a lot of re-tweets from softball related accounts that have big following. She likes the posts of schools/coaches that she is interested in and other softball players, they will then follow her and it spreads. She has worked on it solidly for the last year and it's been very productive. You can message me if you want more specifics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles