Scoring question?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Because of this qualification, I would be inclined to score it as a hit. If it would have been a bang-bang play, I'd give the benefit of doubt to the hitter. If it is a play where it is obvious the batter would have been out, then ya..a FC. But if it was going to be close even on a cleanly fielded ball? Gotta go with the hitter here.

I agree. Unless the batter would have been out with routine effort I'd rule a hit as well.

But I don't think any of can say for sure whether this particular play should have been scored an FC or H without actually seeing it.

Mar 26, 2013
Because of this qualification, I would be inclined to score it as a hit. If it would have been a bang-bang play, I'd give the benefit of doubt to the hitter. If it is a play where it is obvious the batter would have been out, then ya..a FC. But if it was going to be close even on a cleanly fielded ball? Gotta go with the hitter here.
Score keepers shouldn't give the benefit of the doubt just because they thought it would be a close play. They should only give it when they're uncertain whether the player would have been safe or out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heatherann2006