Science people vs what the eye sees, simpletons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
If a rise ball doesn't rise it is just a high drop ball. Girls will never throw rise balls that rise, they just throw high pitches that start low and fall slower than a drop ball. A ball thrown high is an effective pitch in the girls game if it is in the eyes for a waste pitch and not in the zone for a strike. Some pitchers over power weak hitters with speed in the zone up or down. I bet Hal could make a rise ball rise and hop. The men throw 15 mph faster from three feet further back and know how to throw with greater rpms on their back spin. Into a stiff wind helps, but Hal says he could make one hop indoors with out the wind and I believe he could for as big as he is/was.

You would lose that bet. Hal is not able to make a rise ball jump vertically upward just as it approaches a hitter's barrel. I don't hold that against him, because nobody else can do it either. What I hold against him is the continued promotion of a fantasy while knowing for a fact that he can't produce video of a riseball 'jumping'.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
You would lose that bet. Hal is not able to make a rise ball jump vertically upward just as it approaches a hitter's barrel. I don't hold that against him, because nobody else can do it either. What I hold against him is the continued promotion of a fantasy while knowing for a fact that he can't produce video of a riseball 'jumping'.

Since you know so much about betting, go look at my last few post on my thread...its just practical... I offered a bet. Maybe you can give me some advice. thx

Watch it in 720p HD... Bet Ya

Last edited:

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
Do they call games off if the wind is blowing 20-30 mph? Do hurricanes blow vehicles, parts of bridge structures, such as heavy concrete and steel in 100 + mph winds pretty far away from where they were assembled? Maybe there is no video but you see pictures of end results of the landing site. If Hal says he could make a rise ball rise in doors with no wind, and I say I have seen rise balls hop up in the zone above a bat swinging in strong winds, is it because you have never seen a man's FP game on a field where the winds gushed through the back stop at speeds, between 10 and 30 mph, right into the face of the pitcher, Or is it that science says it is impossible, and Hal and I can't produce video from 30-40 years ago to prove what we have seen in the man's game.
You might be right about your science, and with the technology of today NASA could show simulation of us landing on the Sun tomorrow and say it was a secret mission and you'd probably believe it and buy sun beams. The girls game has you set for life and you have no worries except for a game getting rained out because you can't stop the rain. 40 years ago I could make a rise ball hop into a stiff wind.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Do they call games off if the wind is blowing 20-30 mph? Do hurricanes blow vehicles, parts of bridge structures, such as heavy concrete and steel in 100 + mph winds pretty far away from where they were assembled? Maybe there is no video but you see pictures of end results of the landing site. If Hal says he could make a rise ball rise in doors with no wind, and I say I have seen rise balls hop up in the zone above a bat swinging in strong winds, is it because you have never seen a man's FP game on a field where the winds gushed through the back stop at speeds, between 10 and 30 mph, right into the face of the pitcher, Or is it that science says it is impossible, and Hal and I can't produce video from 30-40 years ago to prove what we have seen in the man's game.
You might be right about your science, and with the technology of today NASA could show simulation of us landing on the Sun tomorrow and say it was a secret mission and you'd probably believe it and buy sun beams. The girls game has you set for life and you have no worries except for a game getting rained out because you can't stop the rain. 40 years ago I could make a rise ball hop into a stiff wind.

I've seen plenty of men's FP games. Taken video. Never captured a ball that magically jumps skyward just as it detects a bat.

I'm willing to view video to the contrary. Go ahead and post it.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
I've seen plenty of men's FP games. Taken video. Never captured a ball that magically jumps skyward just as it detects a bat.

You'll probably never see it in the game they call Fastball. The ball doesn't travel the distance it used to travel because the pitcher of the last 30 years has been able to start with one foot on the rubber and the back foot as far behind the rubber as needed to leap and replant right on top of the plate and hitter. I'm sure you haven't seen a real man's game of fast pitch from 40 years ago. I get into trouble talking about not liking the changes in the man's game that is almost dead. No videos of 40 years ago that I can find, even if I looked.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.

You'll probably never see it in the game they call Fastball. The ball doesn't travel the distance it used to travel because the pitcher of the last 30 years has been able to start with one foot on the rubber and the back foot as far behind the rubber as needed to leap and replant right on top of the plate and hitter. I'm sure you haven't seen a real man's game of fast pitch from 40 years ago. I get into trouble talking about not liking the changes in the man's game that is almost dead. No videos of 40 years ago that I can find, even if I looked. The answer IS blowing in the wind.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
codger 1 - We used to walk through snow 3 feet deep and we had to walk up hill both way. And we walked in bare feet so we wouldn't wear out our game shoes.

codger 2 - Wow you had game shoes you must have been rich, we just wrapped cardboard on our feet.

Codger 3 - Cardboard! what a bunch of spoiled sissies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1