The time has come.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 13, 2014
By the way, our pitching journey did start in the back yard and I have a funny anecdote about that... We started her pitching in the back yard with the back of the garage as the backstop. There was a window there that she would occasionally hit. One day, she asked what happens if she breaks the window. At that point, there was NO WAY she was breaking any windows, so I told her, "it means you are throwing hard enough to break the window." It wasn't long after teaching her "Palm up at 9 O'Clock" that I had to board up that back window and clean up all the broken glass (that makes me wonder... is that how BOARDmember got his name???). We now use the driveway because its actually level, but the garage door is starting to take a beating. Fortunately, there are fewer and fewer from her that get by me now... her two sisters on the other hand are a different story.

My neighbor was the elementary school principal and let us use the gym in the winter until DD popped out a few windows. Keep up the hard work . It is a marathon. Dont forget to keep working on her fielding and overhand throwing, I have seen many games lost (even in college)because the pitcher couldnt field.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802