Science people vs what the eye sees, simpletons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
Confucius say: Is grip in itself finger pressure? One cannot grip any thing without applying pressure with the fingers. Just feel like being a smart u know what.

The grip for the peel drop is between the thumb and the little finger, not between the thumb and three fingers used to spin the ball that are across the seam. If the ball is griped between the thumb and 3 finger, the thumb will restrict spin and cause a late release, which is called a fast ball, or a drop that doesn't move good.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
I really don't get the argument here. So a riseball may not go above the original trajectory, so what. It does rise and good spin and velocity will make it rise better than a pitch with bad spin and slower velocity. And I can tell you that a ball with tremendous spin will appear to hop over your bat when you swing. Therefore for all intents and purposes it has done its job. I have the ability to hit a mediocre riseball fairly well but when I have seen a major league one on occasion that "appears" to hop over your bat and cause you to miss it, demonstrated to me that the movement of the pitch is extreme. As they say, perception is reality. If you can't hit it and it appears to have jumped over your bat, then it did. High fastballs won't appear to do anything and good hitters will hit them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Carbajal