Savana Lloyd - Drive Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
54-paige-lowary_zpsncnarm5k.gif

54-paige-lowary_slow_zps3jhpres8.gif

KnightsB. A big thank you for taking my images and turning them into useful ones. You are definitely the PRO at this stuff. Much appreciated!

The stride foot rotating into foot plant is a trait of pitchers who throw fast.....it helps get the hip rotation ahead of the shoulder rotation to create "stretch".......I am not necessarily a fan of the rest of her mechanics......would have to know exactly what type of pitch she is trying to throw here....the upper torso is definitely not providing as much resistance as I think is efficient for energy transfer. I've seen this young lady throw in a live game.....she can bring it around 70 mph pretty consistently.....she was more of a thrower then a pitcher.

May 13, 2013
So Ricky, what would you like to see for her to achieve more upper body resistance. Also do you pitchers drag the back leg to the front leg with a good firm front side. I have a daughter that tends to lean a little bit foward and I don't think she realizes that a good firm front side creates more resistance which creates more speed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi