Sad week

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
One of DD's asst coaches passed away suddenly early this week.
He was her favorite and she had a very special relationship with him. He had coached her for 3 years. He adored her and truly made her believe in herself. He would yell and scream but she always told her teammates - "he only yells at you if he believes in you". And boy was she right. He was big and intimidating looking but loved those softball girls and would have done anything for them!

We spent last night reminising about him - laughing and crying. Every single story we could think of ended in hysterical laugh/crying.

He will be so, so missed!

Jun 21, 2015
I get this. RIP to him. Those kind of coaches are a special breed. Sorry she lost such a positive figure in her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 8, 2012
NJ
So very sorry for the loss. Its a very difficult thing to go through. DD suffered the same heartbreak just a few years ago when her beloved coach passed unexpectedly. He was her hitting coach who had a very well respected 18u A team. He really took her under his wing and treated her just as one of his own players. At 14 he even had her suit up for his team for a tourney. In his honor, she wears the #4 in HS for the month he passed and the fact that she still plays 4 him. Travel, she wears the #7, the jersey # he gave her for the tourney she played with him. Coaches that connect and make that kind of impression on your kid are truly one of a kind....they are a special breed.
I can truly appreciate the loss, and I hope your DD will someday find an equal.

Mar 21, 2013
Many can affect a player on the softball field, but few can affect a player off the field as well. Tough to beat former players who go out of their way to run over and give you a hug. Sorry for your loss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32