Sactioned tournaments...how much comes back to the host?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 20, 2012
SE Ohio
I know the answer varies from group to group and there are a lot of things that can change the final answer, but after talking to an NSA director and getting more confused I thought I'd put the question out there.

If you host a sanctioned tournament, how much of the entry fee charged per team actually makes its way back to the host. I know the sanctioning body gets some $$$, the umpires get some more $$$, the head ump gets some more $$$. At the end of the day, is there anything left for the hosting organization, or does the host pretty much make their money on concessions and park entry?

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Too many factors involved to really give you an answer. It depends on the entry fee being charged, number of teams in the tournament, how many games guaranteed, one umpire or two umpire system used, field rental costs, additional costs for lights or field prep every game, do you have to pay for hotel rooms for umpires or tournament staff, awards, etc. My assumption is that most tournament directors and hosts are trying to make something off of the entry fees.

Jul 26, 2010
Concessions and park entry. Sometimes the park entry goes to the facility anyway, it depends on the park. Merchandise sales are also key.

-W

Sep 3, 2009
I know if it wasn't for those $15 gate fees a lot of tournament directors would be starving.

(sarcasm)

$15 ????? Good lord... that's what we pay for a weekend pass at a big 3day ASA tournament around these parts. I'll stop complaining about our gate fees now. :|

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach