Rotation Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
You're new. Carry the bucket, smile, cheer for the girls, and learn.

Rotate no more then once per game, a kid can't learn anything if you keep shuttling them around. They actually like being position players, it makes them feel good. When they feel good they play good.

-W

May 23, 2012
How many games do you play? I prefer the idea of a full game at a position, then another game at another position. How often does it happen that someone gets into a game and gets almost NO action at that spot? Unless they are pitcher/catcher/1B, it can and does happen.

Usually we play 2 games back to back with 4 to 5 innings a game.

May 23, 2012
You're new. Carry the bucket, smile, cheer for the girls, and learn.

Rotate no more then once per game, a kid can't learn anything if you keep shuttling them around. They actually like being position players, it makes them feel good. When they feel good they play good.

-W

I agree - I am new to coaching a team... That's why I am here picking the brains of those who have "been there, done that". :) After practice last night the head coach talked to me about it and asked me what I thought. I thought there would be advantages and disadvantages but I thought I would come here and ask the seasoned coaching veterans for advice.

Thanks again to everyone - now I have to try and figure out a way to talk the head coach out of the rotation idea. :)

Jul 26, 2010
The great thing about sports is that its an environment outside of the cruel hard world of entitlement where hard work, effort, and talent actually pays off. There's no room for democracy or "fairness". Kids get to earn what they get, and that's a rare thing.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie