Rip It Reaper Light

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Has anyone heard anything about these bats? Only a couple of reviews floating around that sound very positive.

My DD plays 8U and swung a 30/21 '05 Rocketech this year and hammered the ball. I do think as some have said on here it has affected her swing though and she has started dropping her hands or shoulder.

The Reaper is advertised as an end loaded bat but it comes in a -12. It seems to reason the end loading would help offset some of the disadvantages of it being a 12 drop. It also seems the lighter weight would help with the swing issues that come from the heavier end loaded Rocketech.

Any opinions out there?

Apr 13, 2010
It's the same bat as the Foxy from a couple of years ago and the Elite Light from last year with some slight modifications I assume. My daughter swings a 30/18 Elite Light and really likes it. She had the Foxy of the same size from the year before. They're made with the BCT (beyond composite technology). I think that means that you can't have a true composite that's that light.

When this one goes on sale next July I'll probably be ordering it.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
SoftSocDad.....Out of all the bats out there it is probably the one you see the most in 8U. On her team 4 or 5 girls used them including one who swung a 31-22. Of course she was 5 foot and probably 110lbs at 8yo. You also see a bunch of 30-20 CF4's, Synergy Speed's, and Xeno's. I am not going the $300 dollar route at this age.

The 30-21 is a little heavy that's why I am changing her this year. She isn't too happy about it because it does add alot of distance but I do not want it to create swing problems or physical problems from being to heavy.

Oct 1, 2011
If you watch ebay you can pick up Rip It bats on the cheap there. Elite Lights have been going for under $50.00. I bought one for my daughter and figured if it wasn't for her it would make a nice team bat. She tore it up in the cages yesterday. We will see how it does in our games today.

Jun 27, 2014
I bought a Reaper light 30/18 for my soon to be 8u dd but it actually weighs 22.2 oz so it is too heavy for my daughter. This is my bat of choice hitting pop flies thou. Ball comes off very consistent. Daughter just finished up using a CF6 Sprite 29/18 in 6u which actually weighs 17.6 oz.